briefing

Just Sharing healthy foods for little ones from 9mo~3yo++
blog started on 17/3/2015


Friday, April 3, 2015

03/04/2015 Happy Friday

I am very happy today that I able to cook yummy Hainanese Chicken Rice for my gal. This is the first time I cook Hainanese Chicken Rice which I learnt from my mother in law.

I tasted the chicken rice and the taste is super yummy and the fragrance is irresistible. I am regretted that I shall cook more for mummy too.... haha...

Today I also first time introduce Quail Egg to my gal as she doesn't like egg much. I hope she will like it as so cute the quail egg.

Breakfast : Numbers Potato snacks and tomato juice

Potato Snacks
Ingredients:
35g cooked mashed potato
40g cooked rice
1 tsp muscovado sugar
1 egg yolk
15g / 1.5 tbsp potato starch

Steps:
1) Blend all ingredients till smooth
2) put the mixture into a plastic bag
3) cut a hole at the edge and squeeze out "numbers" on the baking tray laid with non stick baking sheet
4) bake at preheated oven at 150'C for 25 mins or till moderate golden brown



Lunch and dinner : BABY Hainanese Chicken Rice  and Radish corn soup

BABY Hainanese Chicken Rice 
Ingredients:
4 tbsp pearl rice
1 chunk of chicken breast (cut into tiny cubes)
1/2 dried mushroom (soaked and diced)
10-15g unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic
1 inch ginger
1/2 tsp liquid amino or pinch of salt
dash of pepper powder
1 pandan leave

Steps:
1) soak rice for 30mins
2) chop garlic finely
3) cut ginger into slices
4) heat pan with low fire, add in butter, sauteed garlic and ginger till fragrance
5) add in chicken and mushroom
6) drain away the soaked water, pour the rice into the pan
7) stir fry for 3-5 mins
8) transfer the rice into rice cooker (i use electric lunch box), pour adequate soaked water of mushroom, and put the pandan leave on top of the rice
9) cook rice as usual


Radish Corn Soup
Ingredients
8oz Radish soup stock (Radish soup recipe)
4 slices fresh corn 
1 cup water

Boil for 30mins and ready to serve.


Teatime : Golden Pear Quail Egg Dessert

Ingredients :
1/2 Golden pear
5 quail eggs
1 honey date
8 red dates
3 cups water

Steps:
1) hard boil the quail egg, remove shell, set aside
2) cut the pear into cubes
3) remove seeds from the red dates
4) put pear, red dates, honey date, quail egg and water into slow cooker
5) cook for 1 hour
6) ready to serve warm or cold

No comments:

Post a Comment