briefing

Just Sharing healthy foods for little ones from 9mo~3yo++
blog started on 17/3/2015


Wednesday, March 25, 2015

25/3/2015 mashed potato


I missed the alarm again as it was placing very far from my bed and I totally never hear the sound.
Blurred mummy was out of cooking idea and remembered mummy Nicole Lee cooked mashed potato with cheese sauce last few days and I never cook this dish before for my 20mo lo. Well, let's cook this and hope my gal will accept it.
And today I am quite happy for the doughnuts I made...keke... because it is very similar to the one I always buy from the kuih stall near my office... like it so much..

Breakfast : Mashed potato with cream cheese sauce
Lunch and dinner : ABC soup with mix grains rice
Teatime : doughnuts


Mashed potato with cream cheese sauce

Ingredients :
1 medium potato
10g unsalted butter
1 tsp flour (cake flour, all purpose flour, plain flour)
1 cup of water
1 tsp muscovado sugar
50g cream cheese
Steps:
1) peel off potato skin, slice and steam for 10 mins, mash it with fork.
2) heat pan and melt the butter
3) add in flour and stir well, combine with butter
4) add in 1/2 cup water slowly
5) add in cream cheese and cook till melted, add in water till the consistency you prefer.
6) off fire and pour on the mashed potato and ready to serve warm.

ABC soup
1 chicken tight
2 chunks of pork tenderloin
1 onion
1/2 carrot
5-6 cherry tomatoes
1 potato
Boil with 1.5 liter water for 1 hour.

Fried Doughnuts
Ingredients :
350g all purpose flour
170g water
1 tsp Natural yeast
1/2 tsp Aluminum free baking powder 
40g unsalted butter
20g organic cane sugar

Using tesco bread maker
Steps:
1) place all ingredients into the bread maker and set function 8 "dough" for 1:30
2) take out the dough and roll smooth. (I kept half of the dough in freezer for next use as its quite a lot for my lo)
3) roll the remaining dough into flat then use doughnuts mold to cut out shape, place on a non sticky mat or on a flour dust surface, to proof for 15-30 mins
4) heat wok with oil and fry the doughnuts with medium low heat till both sides light golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. Straight away the function dough is at 1:30 until finish time

    ReplyDelete