briefing

Just Sharing healthy foods for little ones from 9mo~3yo++
blog started on 17/3/2015


Wednesday, March 18, 2015

18/3/2015 Wednesday : My first post here

Today is my first day typing out my own blog here to share the foods that I cooked for my 19.5mo princess. Since my princess started solid foods at her 6mo age until now, I have been cooking more than 1 year with roughly 1000++ meals for her. In my old mobile phone, my PC, my new mobile phone are full of many photos which i took during preparing and cooking her foods. All the while I have been sharing the foods in a Facebook group ~ "Healthy Food For My Baby" and not so easy to trace / search back if using mobile app.

Finally, I created this blog and I hope this can help the mummies who cook for little one daily with some ideas.

I never know that I can cook for my little one with all these efforts as I was always been complaint by my mother that I do not have patient and adhere to do anything. I would admit that all the efforts I can do by myself to my little one is miracle. She has given me the power and perseverance in my life to love my family.


Breakfast : Potato Meat Balls, Babybel soft cheese, grapes

Potato Meat Balls Recipe:
Ingredients: 55g minced pork, 55g grated potato (raw), 10g grated cheddar cheese, 1 tbsp potato starch
Steps:
1) peel off potato skin, grate the potato, soak in water for 5 mins, drain away water.
2) mix minced pork, grated potato, cheese and potato starch till well combined
3) scoop 1 tbsp meat mixture and form ball shape
4) deep fry till golden brown

Lunch and Dinner : Homemade beetroot star noodle in chicken anchovies soup with vegetables
Homemade beetroot star noodle Recipe
90g all purpose flour
beetroot puree (3-4 tbsp slowly add in till dough is formed then can stop adding)

Soup base
1 chicken drumstick and 1/4 cup anchovies
1) peel off drumstick skin
2) wash and soak anchovies for 15mins, drain dry, pan fry till golden brown
3) boil 1 litre water in a small pot, add in chicken drumstick and anchovies, cook for 45mins.


Teatime : Gluten free Egg free Sweet Potato sticks and soymilk
Ingredients
15g rolled oat / instant oat
10g fullcream milk / fresh milk
40g mashed sweet potato
1/4 tsp muscovado sugar ( can omit if using japanese sweet potato )

Steps:
1) add milk and sugar into the rolled oat, mix well
2) add in mashed sweet potato and mix till well combined and a soft dough is formed
3) there 2 ways to make the sticks
   a) divide the dough into 16 portions, roll into sticks (i found this is easier)
   b) put the dough into a plastic bag, roll flat till 2-3mm thick, put in the freezer for 30mins, cut off the plastic and use knife to cut the flat dough into stripes
4) lay the sticks onto baking tray which laid with non stick parchment paper or non stick sheet
5) bake at preheated oven at 170'C for 20mins or light golden brown





No comments:

Post a Comment