briefing

Just Sharing healthy foods for little ones from 9mo~3yo++
blog started on 17/3/2015


Monday, May 11, 2015

11/5/2015 Monday.....

Last week bought 2 nos of pumpkin from cameron highland, today use it to make pumpkin mantou. (金瓜馒头) Taste so yummy~

After tonight, I am not able to wake up so early to cook as might worry my lo wakes up in the middle of the time during my cooking. Hubby is going to business trip soon, asked me to cook simple meals for my gal if possible. Gonna be another challenge for me to beat the time... wish me good luck tomorrow morning.

Breakfast: Steam Pumpkin Mantou & Fresh milk

Lunch: Peanut lotus root chicken soup serve with mix grains rice

Teatime: Simple Butter Cookies & Honey Lemon juice




Steam Pumpkin Mantou
Ingredients
Milk 40ml (add more if too dry, i was adding more during kneading)
Pumpkin Puree 150g
Sugar 45g
Instant dry yeast 1 tsp
Aluminum free baking powder 1 tsp
Pao flour 330g
Unsalted butter 25g

I use bread maker to knead the dough by function no 8 of my tesco bm. Beat 20mins, off machine. Proof for 45mins, press out all air, roll flat, use donut mold cutter to cut out shape, place on steaming rack, proof for another 20mins, steam at med high fire for 10mins



Peanut Lotus Root chicken soup
Ingredients:
1/2 lotus root
1 handful organic peanut (soak overnight)
1/3 carrot
2 chicken tights
some red dates
some wolf berries
1.5 litre water

Boil for 1.5 - 2 hours and ready to serve with mix grains rice



Simple 4 ingredients Butter Cookies
Ingredients : 
Plain Flour - 120g
Unsalted Butter - 50g
Icing sugar - 30g
Cold water - 1/2 tablespoon

Steps:
a. Mix up all the ingredients except water by rubbing using fingers until the mixtures become breadcrumbs, then slowly add in water and form a soft dough 
b. Set a side the dough for rest at least 10mins
c. Roll the dough about 1/4 inch thick and cut the shapes using the cutter
d. Preheat the oven at 170and bake for 20mins lightly brown
p/s : Different oven has different effect, so do check ur cookies after 15mins ya

Refer to the above recipe shared by other mummy, I have little changes as belows:-
1) for flour, I used 110g plain flour + 10g potato starch
2) i reduce sugar to 27g
3) i replaced cold water with COLD MILK
4) i baked till 30 mins only can have the light golden brown , maybe my cookies are a bit thick


No comments:

Post a Comment